Get a 'do it yourself' pack from HobbyCraft, poundshop do them as well (picture shown) but I they designs I don't think are as nice. Each pack has the cracker body, joke, hat and snap, all you need to buy are the prizes.
You need to label up each cracker once you've made them so you know whose is whose. I used brown luggage tags before. Your named crackers will also double up as name place cards too.
When shopping for the cracker presents I would take a cracker template with you, or have a rough measurement of the length and circumference, it's very easy to buy things too big for the crackers!
Here's some ideas I've used before
For the girls....
- Nail Polish
- Lip balms
- Lush do some mini samples
- MAC I think any woman who likes make up would love anything that will fit in a cracker from here!
- Mini hand cream
- Mini Chocolate (winner with kids)
- Hair bands
- Hair clips
- Mini hair products - I love Batise dry shampoo
- Travel size products Superdrug do 3 for £3 (could mix and match with guys gifts)
- Fake eyelashes
- Mini perfumes (could ask the perfume counters for some testers)
- Any jewellery bits
- Tin of mints
- Bottle opener
- Lip Balm
- Mini Chocolate
- Mini saving foam (Superdrug do 3 for £3 on travel size products)
- Fold away tooth brush
- Mini aftershave
- Glasses cleaner (It was desperate times for Granddads gift!)
- Any toy that will fit into a cracker!